[nagdu] Adding water to food.

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 12:59:46 UTC 2013

I had forgotten how Monty was with water when I first brought him home.  For
background info I owner trained Monty and he was about 8 months old and had
been a stray.  I think perhaps because he hadn't had access to water for a
portion of his life, he was overly enthusiastic about drinking lots and lots
of water.   I'm talking about enough water to do himself an injury.  The vet
found no health issues, so for a few months I did give him measured amounts
of water several times per day.  Once he figured out that he wasn't going to
go thirsty he was able to regulate his own water intake.  I've been leaving
the water bowl out for years now with no problems.

Just another perspective,
Julie