[nagdu] Stinky dog

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Fri Nov 8 15:30:47 UTC 2013

Brandy,

Glad you're getting a handle on it!

I get aloe vera gel in the suntan section at the supermarket. It's also
great for sunburn and things like that, so I like to have it on hand. It
can be a little drying on the coat, so I will often follow up with a
little olive oil, depending on climate and how often I am using it.

Keep up the good work.

Tami

On 11/07/2013 07:14 PM, Brandydp wrote:
> Thank you all very much. Dena, yes I have been using aroma therapy, just thought of it the day before I read your email. Smile. Mark, I also live in the city so some stink comes from that too probably. I haven't used the furminator on her in a couple weeks and did yesterday. I also stopped the allergy three fish oil. Her paws are still stinky but the odor I would get by smelling her skin directly which almost smelled like male cat spray, is gone. She is a lab golden cross. I have noticed without the allergy three her coat isn't as silky or shiny so I will start giving it to her once a week or so or maybe give her flackseed instead. I don't know if the smell was in response to excess oil or the fish itself. She is still on the taste of the wild pacific stream for now. The lamb formula doesn't have any chicken or fish. However, the venison formula is an odd protein and may be good for allergies if that is the case but contains chicken and fish. She is definitely less oily on the taste
 of the wild than the natural balance and the only ingredient I see in common is the fish. I would hate to take fish completely out of her diet though. I will have to read the rest of the allergy three to see what it has in it. Come to think of it my yellow lab never had that corn chip smell until I started giving her fish oil for her tendinitis but it was nothing compared to pinta. I have narrowed the corn chip smell to behind the ears, on paws, around collar and the cat smell to between her shoulder blades. Glad to report it doesn't seem as bad... Again thank you all. I am going to try some of these one at a time. I like the alavara gel idea. Where do you buy this?

> brandy pinder
> Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
> Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
> and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
> Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946
>
> 371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
> Cso: 866-282-8047
> Email: brandydp at verizon.net
> Cell: 304-685-4499
>
> On Nov 5, 2013, at 1:38 PM, "Darla Rogers" <djrogers0628 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, Brandy; I'm still inclined to think it may be a skin condition rather than food, though it is true, some dogs do have more of an odor; I had such a dog, and nothing really worked, but I certainly empathize in your situation.
>>     What kind of dog is she?  I personally like the products from Tropiclean which can be ordered on line or purchased at Petco, for sure, and PetSmart I believe; they are water-based so don't leave a residue but makes the coat soft and deodorized.  I only spray once a week, and I believe there are deodorizers that do just that with no coat conditioner.
>> Darla & hardworking Huck

id I may just have to give her a weekly bath with the medicated shampoo. Does anyone else seem to have this issue? And has anyone found a decent waterless shampoo or deodorizing something or rather... The huge issue here is that I am a massage therapist, stuck in a tiny not ventilated room and can't have a even slightly stinky dog let alone a rancid corn chip smelling dog. Sorry pinta I still love you...