[nagdu] Off leash recall

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Nov 12 14:13:17 UTC 2013

Hi Lora.
My first dog was terrible at off-leash recall.  She loved the game of
you-can't-catch-me.  I hated it!  But she'd always come if I could show her
the harness.  Still, I learned pretty quick that she just couldn't be in an
unfenced or large area off leash.

Ben used to have a poor recall, if he was out in the yard enjoying a good
sniff, but a few treats solved that.  He's very fond of treats.  But some
dogs just don't care; they want to play keep away.
Sorry, that's not very helpful.
Tracy