[nagdu] US Air

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 17 14:35:02 UTC 2013

It has nothing to do with how they are feeling that day, they are in a service industry, they took there positions at that job, and that shouldn't reflect the company they work with.
That being said, as I have posted not only here but on GDF, and travel & tourism and other places, including my own business blog.
After National Conventions ever year, Mark Riccobono, Executive Director, Jernigan Institute has sent out the surveys to everyone on the talk lists, and Dr. Maurer mentions them in the his monthly address, and in the braille monitors.
These travel surveys, after nation convention this year, I had posted to David Andrews for people to contact the travel & tourism division about all forms of travel that people had an issue with. It doesn't have to be just traveling by planes, trains, buses, cruise lines; and it doesn't have to be national convention, or any convention.
Recently, President Gwizdala and I have come together with help of Margo Downey, Board Member of NAGDU and Secretary of Travel & Tourism. To work together on these issues as in resolution for convention, or any other way we can correct these issues.
We cannot make excuses for uneducated employees of any company that makes things up as they go along because they don't know the rules with the FAA.gov, Aircraft Carrier Act and the ADA, and bully (which these people are doing), trying to bully people who are disabled. It is not just us blind people, but when we do anything with the NFB a lot of the other disability organizations follow.
I am getting long winded here and I am getting ready for my Greater Long Island Chapter meeting this afternoon.
But I want to finish by saying, I am also good friends with Dr. Scott Rains, some may know him bookshare a few years ago from National convention in Dallas in 2011. That is where I met him, he is a paraplegic and he had introduced to me Senator Kerryann Ifill of Fabulous Accessible Barbardos, and she was recently on my radio show.
He owns his own travel agents, and is a great advocate not only in this country but in the Caribbean and South America. Here is his Blog:  http://www.rollingrains.com/
If you think we have problems, they have them as well, and also what about those people who are obsese. The young man from France who flew in for treatment at the Mayo Clinic on Virgin Airlines. They new he was extremely obsese when he came here, he was coming for treatment, his weight is a medical condition, not because he eats and doesn't exercise. They refused to let him fly home because he is obese.
I know not blind related, but something has to be done, and we are trying to work on these issues jointly.
I own a business, if I snapped at my customers, I wouldn't have any at all.
Have a good day NFB Family.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking www.nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314. Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama