[nagdu] Service dog scams putting people 'at risk'

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Tue Nov 19 20:17:04 UTC 2013

I don't think there is a problem right now, but not a lot of people know that they can go to amazon and get a vest or harness. Once enough people realize they can take little baby doggy woggy  with them where ever they go just by buying a vest, you will see trouble.  there will be dog fights and people will get bit.  people will use the works, you can make me leave he is a service dog, to which the reply should be, a service dog are trained to act good in public and if they can't they  have to leave.
I have seen this with people who bring in people who are disabled, and the disabled person is loud, misses up the place and bothers the customers. the manager will not do anything because if they do then they look like they are being mean to the disable person.  My sister cares for a disabled girl and if she acts up they go home, my sister doesn't want people to look at her and wish she would get that girl out of the store.
So it will be interesting to see how things play out.  But I do agree that the service dog people need to start education business on what is and isn't service dog edict. Businesses need to know the laws and what they can and can't do.  I think it should start now before things go nuts and people start crying, you let me in here for the last year, why now are you being all up in my face about my dog.

Barb