[nagdu] Service dog scams putting people 'at risk'

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 19 19:56:40 UTC 2013

William,
	Though it may be true that identification cards may solve the
problem for some, how would you propose people like Tami and Julie go about
getting such I.D. cards? Perhaps they could order them online from one of
those places they could get a service dog coat. My point is that there is no
fool-proof way to deal with this issue except by educating the public about
what is proper behavior for a service dog in public. If places of public
accommodation felt more assured they would not face discrimination charges
for denying access to an ill-behaved service dog, maybe those attempting to
pass their obnoxious pets off as service animals would either think twice
about bringing them in public or require them to behave better. In either
case, the problem would be resolved. That is, if there really is a problem
or is it just CCI creating news to get their name out? I believe it is the
latter!

Marion Gwizdala