[nagdu] Lack of speed

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 20:51:38 UTC 2013

I don't think you have an accurate depiction of what a guide dog's
life is really like. I am in college and my guide works all the time
as I am really involved on campus. As Julie pointed out, guide dog
handlers are generally more active than other blind people because the
guide dog programs want to know that the dogs are being worked enough.
When she is not working, Viva gets plenty of opportunities to be a dog
and run around and play tug, which is her favorite game. Also, my
friends and I take walks all the time together and I bring her with me
and she gets to sniff and frolic and be a dog. A lot of what you are
saying are things I hear from sighted people all the time. They're
concerned that she only work work work and that I am basically abusing
her because she doesn't get to play. I think guides are most loved
animals on this earth. They provide an invaluable service to us and we
appreciate that and in turn, we give them love and attention like no
other pet gets. Oh, and they get to spend 24/7 with us.