[nagdu] walking guide dogs?

Hannah Chadwick sparklylicious at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 02:40:37 UTC 2013

Barb,
Since we have a five post limit, I think this will be my last post. Please feel free to email me off list if you want more clarification.
The reason that many of us did not agree with your point is that as guide dog users, we are expected to care for our dog in every possible way. This includes walking them on leash if necessary, which I personally don't think is for me since my dog gets enough walking. Although I do understand the difference between walking them on leash verses using the harness. I think my dog gets enough exercise as is so there isn't really a need for it. you suggesting that Jewel "find someone" else to walk her dog came across as her not being able to do it herself. If someone cannot walk their own dog on leash but can use the harness, then this will pose an issue. As I mentioned in a previous post, we are highly encouraged to have great cane skills prior to getting a dog because anything can happen to our dog at any time and if they can't work as a result, then we'll still need to get places without the dog.