[nagdu] No Tug was RE: Lack of speed

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Nov 20 12:51:57 UTC 2013

I've heard this argument, but haven't found it to be true.  My old gal Echo
loved to play tug, and I let her win fairly often, but she remained a very
sensitive dog, easily controlled with verbal corrections.  When she was
young, I hoped that winning at tug would give her more self-confidence, but
I'm not sure it actually did.
But I'm just saying my experience.  Sticking with the rules, at least in the
beginning, can be a fine thing.  I just haven't found this particular rule
to be important.
Tracy