[nagdu] No Tug was RE: Lack of speed

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 12:57:32 UTC 2013

I think it depends on the dog.  I play tug with Monty frequently.  If he
wins the game, he'll just poke my hand with the toy until I grab it for the
next game.  He doesn't gloat or become aggressive when he wins.  Belle will
play tug every now and then, but she's not too much into toys anymore.

when I was a kid, I had this horrible Beagle.  Playing tug with him would
have been a disaster.  Actually he couldn't have toys of any sort because he
would guard them and bite if you got too close.  Truly a beast of a dog.  I
don't think a dog would make it as a guide if they even had a fraction of
that dog's attitude.  But maybe there are sweet dogs that get big heads when
they play tug?  I don't know.

Julie