[nagdu] walking guide dogs?

Danielle Larsen dnlarsen75 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:20:48 UTC 2013

Hi all
I absolutely allow Trinity the opportunity to walk on leash out of harness at times
It's good practice for basic leash manners
I do not let her eliminate without a specific request or command, but she enjoys it and I feel as if it is a time for her to relax a little
When the harness is on she is responsible for a lot. I like to let her know we doesn't need to be responsible out of harness and that she can have her time to "be a dog"

This decision seems based on dogs a lot to me. My dog kind of needs it but many others would experience a lot of co fusion and conflict if asked to have such differing roles
I don't think there is a correct or incorrect practice - just what works for the dog :)

Sent from my iPhone