[nagdu] Barking Puppies!

Abigail Marie Bolling violingirl30794 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 21:45:24 UTC 2013

Hi All,

My sweet little Jada has a little bit of a barking issue.
Unfortunately, I am a bit hesitant to call my school for help because
last time I called because she was barking, they took her away from me
for a month...

But anyway. Jada barks at doorbells.
And not just the house one either.
She barks at them during movies, on TV and even the ringtone on the
IPhone. (I'm not kidding.)

I've tried to incorporate the doorbell on the IPhone into our daily
obedience sessions, but it's not seeming to work.
I have at least 3 rings before she will lay or sit quietly, then she
is fine. But instantaneous doorbells make her bark and I can't seem to
break her of them.
I've tried grabbing her muzzle and staring her down, I've tried verbal
corrections and collar corrections. (I don't think it should warrant a
high collar unless she is aggressive but I could be wrong.)

She seems to also bark at men for some reason. If a man walks into the
Pizza Parlor where I work and Jada is in her crate, she will bark.

"Quiet," doesn't really work. She will however go from full bark to
belly bark. Should I settle for belly bark as long as it's not
distracting?

The other thing is that she will bark and whine at other dogs while
working in harness, but she will also work past them just pulling a
little. (And not necessarily toward the other dog.) Should I just let
it go if she is working well?

Thanks, and hopefully I didn't ask too much! :)

Abby and Princess Jada

--
Abigail Bolling
Ohio Association Of Blind Students: Treasurer

Email: Abigail.me.bolling94 at gmail.com and violingirl30794 at hotmail.com
Phone: 513-258-5043
"Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing
like no one is listening, and live like it's heaven on earth." William
Purkey