[nagdu] letter of introduction

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Oct 2 14:16:01 UTC 2013

Hi Danielle.
I always send a letter with my application.  No one has ever said that it's
helpful, but I think it must be.  I want them to have plenty of information
while making my match.
I say what my work schedule is like, how often I go out besides work, what
kind of transport I use most, what the areas are like where I work most
often, and any characteristics I really want, or don't want.
So, for example, I would say that I work in an urban environment with a lot
of traffic and crowds, as well as a quieter town with idiot drivers who
don't look for pedestrians.  I take buses, subways, and taxis.  I do not
want a dog who is constantly bouncing off the walls. I really prefer a
smaller dog, not more than 70 pounds.
That kind of thing.
Tracy