[nagdu] Scavenging and Sniffing

Daniel Sweeney daniel.sweeney1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 10 15:44:24 UTC 2013

I don't remember doing any leave it commands with food, or doing any
obedience work. I think we talked about it some. I do practice some
obedience work, but not as much as I should I think.
I read Raven's instructions and had a question/problem I needed to address.
I use food in my fist as a reward when I use the clicker. When I want Cass
to find the "whatever" I put my fist with the kibble against the "whatever"
until she touches it, and she gets the kibble. This would be back-asswards
if I did it to leave it. I guess I would put something else on the floor,
and stand by and if she went the floor I would have my hand ready close with
my kibble and click if she comes to me rather than the floor food.
Anyway I think the shortened schedule for training at GDB leaves a lot of
training up to the handler to figure out. Good idea or bad, I really don't
know. You can always ask.
Just my opinion.

Daniel Sweeney and Cass
Lakewood, Colorado