[nagdu] Guide dog resources abroad

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 16:26:07 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are guide dog resources for people traveling
abroad, especially in Italy? I am looking into studying abroad for a
semester my junior year and I want to do some research into this area
before I go any further with the application process. My dream has
always been to go study in Italy, but I'm really nervous about having
my guide dog with me as I have heard stories of people's guide dogs
taken away while they were abroad. I'm also thinking of my own ease of
travel as well; if I go, I would obviously want to travel to the
different countries in Europe. How would this work with a guide just
in terms of customs and regulations of the countries? If you have any
information/knowledge/experience/guidance you can give me, I would
really appreciate it as I'm having an extremely hard time figuring out
what would be in my and my guide dog's best interest.

Cheers,
Minh

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on
their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence