[nagdu] guide dog and train

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Oct 15 15:34:48 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff.
I've taken Amtrak occasionally, but never for such a long trip.  I like the
train; I have a lot more space than I do on a plane, and I can get up and
stroll to the cafe car if I feel like moving around a bit.
Can you find out if there will be stops long enough for you to get your dog
out to relieve?  In my experience, most stops are very short, but some in
bigger towns are 15-20 minutes, which should be enough time to find a
relieving spot.
Can your dog go on any available surface, or will he require grass?
If you think you'll need help finding a spot for him, maybe you should let
Amtrak know.
Tracy