[nagdu] Identifying dogs reaching a common ground

Danielle Larsen dnlarsen75 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 20:43:22 UTC 2013

As someone who is owner training, thanks for voicing your concerns.

I have been a puppy raiser for years. I decided to train my own guide this winter
And it has gone great. I did not chose a puppy, but instead an older rescue
I knew  right out that there was a high chance of her failure and of course still is
She is taking well to training and we are very clear who she is affiliated with.
Despite her lack of school association, she is a successful and well behaved trainee. She shocks people regularly with her quiet and calm demeanor and exceptional skill. I did not randomly pick a dog.  I met several dogs, who were all very sweet... And she just fit the bill. She has every thing I wanted as far as temperament and intelligence. Is she perfect? No. But my roommates school trained dog is not either. She just called to say he ate her garbage bag...again... Lol. He makes mistakes inside the house and while working and so will Trinity. But they have to make the mark and they do.

So in sum, I specifically chose trinity and do not feel her skills are lesser or less credible then those of a school trained dog. There are tons of dog trainers for all sorts of things. And vision is not a requirment :). I'm proud of her and all she does. I can respect your uncertainly, but for as often as there are ineffective owner trainers, terr are ineffective school trained teams
Win some lose some, I suppose!

Danielle and Trinity
Sent from my iPhone