[nagdu] Why Labradors?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Sep 15 16:50:37 UTC 2013

I think because they are as close to a one size fits all dog that you can
get. Labs are also the most common pet dog in the U.S.  they are generally a
healthy dog, are bred to work with people, are easy going, adaptable and are
easily accepted in public.

I think one reason that owner trainers choose different breeds than labs is
because their breed of preference isn't widely available through an
established program.  My next guide will be a Doberman. If Dobermans were as
available as labs at the various programs, I don't know that I would have
still chosen to have my dog privately trained.  Certainly the choice of
breed is just one of many that owner trainers have to make, but it is a
pretty important factor.

Julie