[nagdu] training methods of schools

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 03:27:17 UTC 2013

A dog with a less sensitive neck is likely not going to respond well to
a martingale. They just won't feel the correction as much, so you will
need to correct a lot harder for the dog to notice. This looks a lot
worse to me, as compared with using a chain slip or even a prong collar
but minimal to no actual leash handling.

Also, positive punishment is a leash correction, verbal admonishment,
etc. In the context of animal behavior, positive means to add something
in order to cause a change in behavior, while negative would mean taking
something away. An example of negative punishment that GDB uses is the
time-out technique, reworking a distraction, etc. How effective those
things are will depend on the dog. Mine thinks time-outs are actually a
reward, and simply stands next to me and watches the distraction, which
is typically a small animal, for instance.

Shanna and Diamond
On 9/19/2013 8:07 PM, Tina Thomas wrote:
> You are giving a leash correction when you tighten the leash to get your
> dog's attention. The only difference is the collar is made out of nylon so
> it looks better in public. Also what is this positive punishment GDB is
> using? Also, My girl is a GSD  with a very strong neck and I think that
> collar would not be affective. I'm willing to try it for myself. Where can I
> get this type of collar?
> Tina and the girls

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ravend729%40gmail.
>>> c