[nagdu] training methods of schools

Shanna Stichler slstich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 03:45:52 UTC 2013

Darla, this sounds like a pretty good model to me. I think positive
training methods are great, I really do, but I think schools can go too
far in that direction. With my dogs, I use whatever I need to, and
usually they get to the point where only verbal corrections are
necessary. If they need a leash correction, they get one, and we move
on. But then, I like hard dogs, and I need them to be very confident
because of where I live and work, so often those kinds of dogs will need
corrections from time to time. My dogs are always happy to get out and
work, so I don't feel the need to change how I do things at this point.
JMO, as always.

Shanna and Diamond

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ravend729%40gmail.