[nagdu] Getting a dog guide

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Thu Sep 26 12:24:57 UTC 2013

Shelby,
Welcome to the list! My name is Deanna and I have a 6 year old male black lab named Pascal. He is from Guide Dogs for the Blind. I live in Cincinnati, OH.  If you don't mind me asking, what state do you live in? Just curious.
I am a big fan of GDB's training methods and the success of their dogs. I do know some people with Leader Dogs and they seem to be a good school. I only know one person with a Fidelco dog, but her dog was very well behaved and was a good worker.
I also feel that Guiding Eyes is a good school and would consider them in the future. No one has mentioned them yet /smiles/.
I really love the guide dog lifestyle, but yes, it can be a bit stressful at times. As someone else said, dogs can have good days and bad days. And we humans can have good days and bad days too!
Deanna and Pascal