[nagdu] Dogs with food obsessions

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Fri Sep 27 15:14:23 UTC 2013

Hi Bobette,
I changed the subject line for your last post. I'm not sure what you are asking, so do not know the best way to answer.
Do you mean the dog is obsessed with people food? Does the dog lunge under restaurant tables and constantly beg? I think this is what you mean, so I will try to give you some tips.
Have you tried a gentle leader or another head collar? The dogs tend to not be so sniffy with one on. And you can control their head and notice quickly if they are reaching towards food.
This is a problem I have dealt with in the past, so I feel your pain. In fact, sometimes my dog will dive for food before I can catch him.  I am interested to hear other people's suggestions.
Just be firm and hopefully it will get better.
Deanna and Pascal