[nagdu] ear surgery

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 18:35:22 UTC 2013

You can also leave your dog with someone who wouldn't be with you in the
hospital, either taking the dog to that person's house or having that person
come here.
Depending on who you have with you in the hospital, that person (think of
your mom for example) may want to put his or her energy into making sure you
get good care, not in worrying about your dog.
My daughter had outpatent ear surgery when she was a toddler. I remember
that kissing her and telling her I loved her before the surgery began but
while she was under sedation was hugely important to me. I also held her
while she was coming out of the sedation. I realize you are an adult, but if
it is your mom who will be with you, she will always think of you as her
baby, especially when you are helpless and venerable which you will be
before, during and after the surgery.
Maybe you can have someone who's job is to care for you, and someone else
who can care for your dog? You don't want one person to perform both
functions. They are different and require different temperaments and skill
sets.
I'd plan on not having your dog with you, as you don't know how you'll feel
after surgery. You can always say "I feel great, I am up to caring for my
dog" if that is indeed how you feel. It is always harder to find help then
it is to cancel help that is already lined up.
Good luck with the surgery and whatever you do.