[nagdu] guide dogs in high school

Kristen kskristen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:39:59 UTC 2014

Hi Danielle--

This school year is my first year with Corvette as a junior in
high school.  I have to say, the other students and staff have
been awesome about not bothering us as we're working, as well as
assisting me with anything I may need.

If you feel comfortable talking to your peers and administrators
about etiquette, I would talk to your principal and ask if you
could take a few minutes to speak to everyone either over the
announcements or on stage at an upcoming assembly.  I have
attached an article that I found useful to read on my first day
of school this year at an assembly.  After reading this, I
stressed that a guide dog should never be touched while on a
harness (at least at school where they are so many people).

Good luck, and hope this helped.  A guide dog will be SO
rewarding in a school setting! :)

--
Kristen