[nagdu] Dogs off their leashes

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:32:12 UTC 2014

This can be such a difficult situation. If you can figure out where the
people live a call to animal control will help a lot. You might call animal
control any way to get their input on the entire situation. Be really clear
from the get go that your dog is a guide dog and that you are blind.

I'd ask for specifics regarding your counties leash law. In some areas the
law includes precise details about type and length of leash. For instance, I
came from one where it was 6 feet PERIOD That would make all flexis that
were not locked at 6 feet as a violation to that counties law. Here its a
lot looser I believe. It is possible AC would come out if they understand
that numerous tenants are involved but more than likely you'll need to know
where some live to get the ball rolling since management isn't being
helpful.

I would also check your lease where you live and make contact with the
actual management company, not just the office/ landlord. They may be
completely unaware of the problem or lack of any assistance from the
management.

I just got through speaking with management myself about one individual. If
I can get the people's names or where they live, management will deal with
the issue. They take our safety seriously.

Try to remain confidant and at ease. This will help both you and your guide
in handling these situations. I know easier said than done sometimes, but
the more at ease you are, the more at ease your guide will remain in
handling all these dogs.

Karyn and Thane