[nagdu] Noticing medical issues?

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 15:17:09 UTC 2014

Hi every one, happy spring!!!

I have had cats with cancer and other issues, I tried to find out what I could about what they had so I could talk to the vet and know what they were talking about.    In the end you need to try and understand what is going on with your dog so you can make the best decisions for you and your dog.
Don't be afraid to ask another vet if you are not getting the answer you need.  It isn't your vet isn't god, it's just maybe they haven't seen the problem your dog has.  I have a friend who's pet dog had a skin issue and the vet she went to wasn't getting anywhere, we all told her to try someone else and see what they thought, It turned out they had seen this problem before and knew what to do.  she went back to her vet with the treatment plane and showed her vet what they found, so now if it happens again her own vet can help her treat her dog.

Never be afraid to do your own research, You know your dog and you know if they are not right, the vet has hundreds of animals to look after, you have just your own animals, take the time to look things up and ask questions.

Good luck.
Barb