[nagdu] Balance without a guide dog

Alyssa alyssahenson95 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:43:12 UTC 2014

Hello list,
As I'm sure most of you know, I'm between dogs now. The weather patterns where I live are also not being consistent right now. This means my sinuses are causing headaches and putting fluid behind my ears. Both of these things are throwing my balance for a loop. I wouldn't be as concerned if I wasn't in college and constantly needing to cross streets, navigate uneven grounds, and the stairs. This happened to me at the last season change, but Sophie provided enough of a counterbalance to make me feel safe and relatively comfortable. Right now, I'm relying on a big strong guy friend to bare my weight and brace if I stumble. On a college campus, this looks quite wrong. I don't need anyone assuming anything about my recreational activities. *smiles* Have any of you had balance issues between dogs? If so, what did you do about this? Unfortunately I don't have an o and m instructor right now to give me any ideas so I'm turning to my other resources. I'm sorry this is so lengthy, but any help is certainly appreciated.
Alyssa

Sent From  my iPhone