[nagdu] Airlines asking for a dog's weight.

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Thu Apr 10 14:52:52 UTC 2014

I don’t think it’s to provide an extra seat, and I’ve never heard of an airline providing one as a matter of course. They may seat you somewhere with an unoccupied seat if they have space available like that, so your dog has more room, but they’re not obligated to do so. The only reason I can think of for an airline to ask about your dog’s weight would be for smaller planes where weight distribution is more critical.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or (814) 431-0962