[nagdu] Asking for Owner trainers input

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 01:04:13 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I am contacting the list as part of a research component to a term project I am working on for a course in American Folklore. My project looks at the individual relationship between owner trainers and guide dogs. I am ultimately looking to discover the breakdown of the working team. This is designed as an interview however if you feel a question does not fit your experience or you have a story to tell which could give more insight please feel free to include it.
The information I receive I intend to use in my term project however, if you wish I do not use your name please let me know. If you would like a copy of the final product I will be happy to provide it. Below are some questions.
What bread did you choose and why? What does this kind of dog mean to you?
What tasks did you train the dog to do? Can you tell me how these tasks impact your bond with your dog? What do the tasks mean to you ?
Can you give me an example of a time when your dog did something which impacted you?
Is your dog trained to do other tasks? (Combo dog) If so what?
How about equipment do you make your own harness for your dog? Does your dog wear something different then a harness?  Why?
What kind of food does your dog eat? Is the food made by you Orr bought?
Can you tell me about training your dog? What kinds of techniques do you use?
How do you feel about training your dog?
When do you start training and why?
What other information could you give me about training, working, or the bond with  your own dog?
Feel free to email me off list at bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
I can provide my number to anyone who contacts my personal email.
Thank you for your time.
Bridget

Sent from my iPad