[nagdu] Changing my Petting Policy

Kristeen Hughes khwicca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 18:18:41 UTC 2014

I tend to be on the side of not letting my dog be petted as a rule. He is not there for people to pet and admire. He really doesn't care, so it's easier. When people ask and if't the situation is one I feel comfortable in, I may do as Michael says and remove the harness for a pet, but this is not as common as it once was. I think people have enough access to dogs, that they will not suffer unduly, if they can not pet mine. I'm not mean about it, unless necessary, but the Harness is the uniform and if I can explain this to people and they get it, it helps all the way around. These dogs are trained by most schools to regard the harness as business and they do not expect to be petted while wearing it. I find that's the best policy for me.

Kristeen & Mendle