[nagdu] Changing my Petting Policy

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 03:46:44 UTC 2014

hi.
very interesting question.
i get asked about petting maybe once every 4-5 months.
i get asked; what's his name, about once a month or so.
i think, in my case, it's the breed, the fact that my dog is all business, that we walk fast, and, if i am inside, my dog is not up and seeking attention.
in a restaurant, she is always down until i leave.  in a store, at a counter, she is sitting quietly in front of me.  in a bank or at a desk somewhere that i am standing, she is always sitting quietly in front of me.  never do i allow her to run around at the end of the leash.
you know, a funny thing about that.  i was at the america's guide dog conference, and, i was waiting in a line, this woman came up to me and said; your dog is so well behaved, just amazing.  i said; oh, why do you say that?
she said; well, every time you stop your dog sits at your side.
i said; well, i thought all guide dogs did that?
she said; no, yours is the only one here who does it.
funny.
Vivianna