[nagdu] Poodles

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Mon Aug 4 17:08:25 UTC 2014

Dan,

Well, I got my second poodle because my husband doesn't want the dog
hair... You know, like the dog hair from his dog all over the place.
What that says about me (or us) I just can't imagine. /lol/ He also
really likes Mitzi poodle for many other reasons, so it's not just about
the hair. Part of the reason I considered changing breeds was to get
away from the ever-growing non-shedding hair. It just never stops! Also,
stuff sticks to it, so you don't have dog hair all over the house, but
you do have bits and pieces of the great outdoors strewn about. And we
just won't talk about the things that stick to the guide dog, especially
if I am using the guide to get to somewhere we really need to be dressed
to impress. /lol/

It seems like some people classify shed dog hair as a big awful mess,
while other people classify their dog's shed hair as something the
vacuum cleaner will pick up. In other words, to some, it's just a
natural part of the environment. So to the types who see dog hair as a
mess, the nonshedding breeds seem really attractive and maintaining all
that growing hair may seem preferable.

All I know is that my husband's mutt requires a FURminator and five or
ten minutes a day, although she loves to be brushed so I draw the
process out as much as I can. If I miss a day, so what? The poodles have
4 brushes all told and unless they are freshly shorn require half an
hour or more each, and that's just a lick and a promise if they are
really woolly. And if I miss a day... Which reminds me. I need to brush
a poodle before it's too late! /lol/

Tami