[nagdu] guide dogs in urope, and sleeping in?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 01:53:24 UTC 2014

Ceci,
I have an answer to your second question.
How long a dog can hold their water depends on how old the dog is ,
how much they drink, and if their are any health problems. A healthy
adult dog can hold it for up to 18 hours. Trust me, a college kid who
partakes in the night life, stays up late and sleeps in late would
know! Just take 'em outside right before you go to bed.
If your dog is an adolescent, I don't believe they can hold it quite
as long. But if your dog can hold it for an entire flight to Europe,
it should be able to wait while you sleep in.
Usually, dogs will let you know if they really need to go out. Worst
case, your dog will wake you, and you'll have to run outside right
quick before returning to bed.

On 8/4/14, Cecilia Martínez <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hello, I have two questions, unrelated to each other.
> 1: I was wondering, has any of you gone alone with your guide dog to
> urope? If so, how do you manage to cross the streats?
> I'm asking this because in some european countries like France for
> example, people don't cross in corners, but in the middle of the
> sidewalk, where a place to cross is marked on the flor.
>
> 2 This is a silly question, but what do you do if you want to sleep in
> when you have your dog?
> How much time can he/she hold it?
> Thanks
> Ceci

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com