[nagdu] Guide dogs and teacher observations

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:00:34 UTC 2014

Dan, in most situations I agree with you. However with elementary age children  who have cognitive disabilities it is my responsibility as a teacher because these kids haven't learned how to advocate for themselves yet or still maybe starting to learn. Some are nonverbal and are still learning to communicate their emotions. This is the situation I'm concerned about. I'm not really worried about alergies spefically but for these children they may not be able to tell us what's going on. Also, these children may not be on alergy medicine regularly and only when needed which would mean contacting the parents to let them know that their child needs their medicine because of a dog. my Mom is highly alergic to cats and horses and I am not exaggerating when I say this because it's so bad it effects her the rest of the day. I have !run in and immediately take my clothes off and get a shower if I go horse back riding.

Danielle and Willa