[nagdu] My introduction

Lisa dreamymarmot93 at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 16 13:01:47 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I just joined this mailing list and would like to quickly introduce myself.
:-)

I am Lisa from Germany. I'm 20 and totally blind. I live with my boyfriend
Philipp and our pets; two canaries and two guinea pigs.
I spent the past six months fighting with my health insurance company to get
my very first guide dog.  You know, here in Germany it's normal that the
health insurance pays for your guide dog.
It was an incredibly exhausting time but on Thursday, I finally got the
acceptance letter.
And I'm going to start training on September 8. Woohoo, only three weeks
from now! I still can't believe that it finally worked.
 My future companion is a black labrador named Taylor.

I'm looking forward to exchange experience and opinions with you all.

best wishes from Germany
Lisa