[nagdu] A pill for heartworms, fleas, and ticks?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 19 14:50:05 UTC 2014

That sounds like Trifexis.  It doesn't repel fleas; it just makes the ones
that bite your dog sterile, or dead, or whatever.  But they have to bite
your dog first, which can be bad, if your dog has a flea allergy.  I had a
dog who would scratch like mad if he got even one fleabite.
I gave Trifexis a couple times, but Ben really disliked it, and then I
heard that some dogs had died from it, and I switched back to Heartguard.
I am using the Cedarcide flea repellent.  I have to use it every week, but
I think it is a lot less toxic than Frontline or the other flea killers
from the vet.
Tracy