[nagdu] Blind pedestrian struck, killed while walking with guide dog in Maine

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Aug 21 12:43:41 UTC 2014

It makes me very angry.  The driver couldn't see what was around him, but
that didn't stop him barrelling along.  I guess slowing down or stopping
when you can't see and fixing the problem would be un-American, unmanly, or
something.  And, of course, since it was only a pedestrian he killed, no
harm, no foul, go on about your business, sir.

New York City has a new initiative to cut down on pedestrian injuries and
deaths.  They've put in slower speed limits on some streets, and instituted
bigger fines for hitting someone.  Good on them.
Tracy