[nagdu] Opinions

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Aug 22 00:49:50 UTC 2014

I really try to not write emails like this, but, JMHO, given some of the
recent emails, it seems to be necessary.
In accordance with the list rules, everyone on the list has a right to
his/her own opinions and the right to express those opinions. That is fine.
What is not fine is for someone to insist that his/her opinion is righter
than the opinion of someone else. It is also not okay for a person, directly
or implicitly, to say that he/she is better than other people because other
people do not do things a certain way. There is often more than one right
way to do something, and, although there can also be at least one wrong way,
it is not up to one person to determine what is considered right and wrong.
This type of thing does not have to be stated outright--it can be
implied--and, given that it seems to be happening more and more often,
frankly, it hurts. Each person has what works for him/her. Just because a
person does something a certain way does not mean that that person would not
do it a different way if he/she could; there is a difference in *want* and
*can*. Also, sometimes, the choices that people make are not entirely their
own; external forces, such as requirements at work and in their housing, can
influence decisions.
Okay, going to hide under my rock now in hopes that this email did not get
me in trouble.

Nicole and Lexia