[nagdu] guide dog school rejecting application

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 26 16:58:48 UTC 2014

BC/AB Guide Dogs does in-home training, so the graduation walk is a route that we traveled and that both I and the dog know well.

We did a "practice" graduation walk, because the ticket was booked beforehand and we all agreed that both jenny and I needed an extra week of training.  It went really well!  It was a 6-block walk to a bus stop, getting on andoff the bus, across the street, and through a small mall to a breakfast spot where we would sit and eat lunch. Ironically, the walk we did was on a Thursday, which is Farmers' Market day at the mall. LOL  So I had Jenny have to guide me around tables and stuff to get across the hall. LOL

A week later, we did the same walk.  It went very well again.  Certain things were better from one walk or the other, but
instructors made it clear to me that they weren't after a perfect walk, but they wanted to see how well we would handle unexpected things.  Both Jenny and I did well.  It took a lot of the pressure off knowing that it wasn't a test as much as an observation, and yes, there is a difference!

Daryl