[nagdu] Success with clicker training and scrounging!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 26 18:46:03 UTC 2014

Hi!
Just thought i would update you all with the success of jenny's clicker training and scrounging.

It has been a slow process, but I am noticing a HUGE marked improvement in Jenny's scrounging.  There are a couple of routes where she scrounges more frequently, and this afternoon we took one of them. She only went for one piece of ground candy (normally she dives for 3-4 things), and even then she was more than willing to give it up when I waved her forward and told her to leave it.

We're still working on it, but we play the leave-it game with high-value items at home (bread, popcorn), and this seems to help immensely.

Hurrah!

Daryl