[nagdu] Success with clicker training and scrounging!

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 01:30:29 UTC 2014

Daryl,
Glad to hear all your hard work is coming to fruition! There's nothing
like putting in so much time, energy, and effort, and see that it is
paying off.
I applaud you too for incorporating obedience and expectations into
your games, giving Jenny fun and rewarding ways to learn and grow.
Well done!

On 8/26/14, Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi!
> Just thought i would update you all with the success of jenny's clicker
> training and scrounging.
>
> It has been a slow process, but I am noticing a HUGE marked improvement in
> Jenny's scrounging.  There are a couple of routes where she scrounges more
> frequently, and this afternoon we took one of them. She only went for one
> piece of ground candy (normally she dives for 3-4 things), and even then she
> was more than willing to give it up when I waved her forward and told her to
> leave it.
>
> We're still working on it, but we play the leave-it game with high-value
> items at home (bread, popcorn), and this seems to help immensely.
>
> Hurrah!
>
> Daryl

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com