[nagdu] Doggie games!

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 05:34:21 UTC 2014

Daryl,
Rather than hiding treats, you can hide a toy and have Jenny search
for it. I play this with the Golden Guy a lot, where I will grab a toy
and show it to him, then put him in a sit-stay, or shut him out of a
particular room while I hide the toy. Then, I open the door or call
him, saying: "I'm ready!" Then he goes around sniffing and pawing at
different places to find it. It's an entertaining game for both of us.
I love watching him use his brains, and he's so excited when he finds
the toy!

On 8/26/14, The Pawpower Pack via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Daryl,
> Glad she enjoyed the game.
> As for doors I'm talking about cupboard doors at home.  You can use a tug
> like an old dish towel or a strap and attach it to the door handle, so
> seeing the object for tugging makes her understand that doors with the tug
> are for opening etc.
> My dog helps me do laundry, putway groceries etc and she didn't ever open a
> door in public.  Part of the training is for them to do it on a cue
> eventually.
>
>  Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
> Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
> Pawpower4me at gmail.com
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Aug 26, 2014, at 11:27 AM, Daryl Marie via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Rox'e,
>>
>> Thanks so much for the suggestions! I played "search" with her this
>> morning and she just loved it!
>>
>> I never thought of training her to open doors and things; would businesses
>> not have an objection if she tried to do that with their door?
>>
>> Daryl

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com