[nagdu] Drop Offs

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 15:23:19 UTC 2014

Ah well, we'll all have different feelings and experiences with
dropoffs, and it's okay that we don't all like them.  I survived
mine, and did my monster route in Denver, so I know I can do what
I need to do.  But I don't have to like dropoffs.  (Grin).  I'm
glad some people do.  I'm also glad that Seeing Eye doesn't feel
that it's necessary to put their students through that.
Personally I think that the stress of those dropoffs when working
with a new dog is not a good idea at all.  After Neena and I have
been together a year, if I am faced with a "dropoff" situation
that would be different.  But a new dog just in training doesn't
need that kind of stress, either.  And believe me they know when
we are stressed.  If I get fearful in a situation I tell myself:
"Fake it til you make it" for my dog's sake, if for no other
reason than they need to feel that we are confident.    Peace,
Debby and Neena