[nagdu] petting guide dog question

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Dec 1 13:38:24 UTC 2014

No, her ears are not cropped.  They look like Lab ears only a bit smaller.
Her tail is docked though.  she is a black and rust Doberman.

Weird lady at Wal-mart yesterday...I think she was the cashier from the next
check out.  anyway she comes up to me and asks what breed my dog is.   She's
giggling like mad.  I tell her that Jetta is a Doberman.  she answers I
thought so, still giggling like a lunatic.  I resume paying for my stuff and
she wanders off. I still have no idea why being a Doberman is funny.

Most people ignore Jetta, which is very nice.  There is an occasional person
who does a double take and then moves quickly in a different direction.  My
husband fills me in on the details.  It's become somewhat of a hobby for us,
predicting what insanity will occur on the weekly Wal-mart trip.

Julie