[nagdu] Passenger with pig boardsflightatBradleyInternationalAirport, only to learn it couldn't fly

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 01:51:33 UTC 2014

It's still very confusing to many people, I think that under the
ADA only dogs and miniature horses are considered service
animals.  The Fair Housing laws are different, because they allow
for cats or other things.  i don't know if any of you remember
back in the early 90s, but things were really crazn.  People were
taking their snakes places and saying that they were their
"service animal".  As much as some people don't want any limits
placed on what should be a service animal or even an emotional
support animal, in public I think there should be some
limitations.  I don't like spiders and snakes....  I would have
hated being on that airplane with that pig.  How disgusting! I
think that there is a difference between what should be allowed
in housing, for instance, and what should be allowed in public
places.  Dogs are accepted by most people, despite the occasions
when people don't accept them.  There are far less hassles about
our dogs than in 1981 when I got my first dog.  Emotional support
animals are NOT protected by the ADA and should not be.  In my
opinion, DOJ was correct in setting some limits.     Debby and
Neena