[nagdu] living in dorms with a dog

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:41:17 UTC 2014

Danielle: I am working my first guide Willa.  I'm living in the dorm. I have a private room. It is a two person room but I only have to pay for myself. I chose this because like you I feel like having a roommate with a dog is too much. If you choose to have a roommate it needs to be someone who can respect you and your dog. But the issue is also whether that roommate is willing to live with a dog and keep your room dog profed. You are responsible for your dog so if it gets into something of your roommates it is your responsibility. That's why I chose to room by myself. If my dog gets into something it's my things plus I am deaf-blind so I cannot always hear my dog. It is eaiier for me to hear my dog when I'm in my room by myself because I can make sure there isn't too much noise for me to hear my dog. I sometimes put a bell on her collar for this purpose. But a roommate may be iffritated by a loud bel that I need in order to hear my dog.

Sent from my iPhone