[nagdu] trouble with relieving

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 00:56:54 UTC 2014

Like Darrel says. I know with most of my dogs they get so happy after they
relieve and run to my side. If I am not sure they are happy enough. I put
them in the relief area again. But most dogs after they relieve get so
wiggly happy. It is tough if the Pilot relief area is the same as when I
went fourteen years ago. There is a bar around the cement area so you can't
reach in and feel positionally what your dog is doing. Keep Darrel's message
and learn how a girl dog relieve, soft smile. In fact Darrel, I need lessons
from you if the next dog is a girl, smile.

Don't allow anyone to make you feel bad. This is your first dog and you are
learning. I got yelled at by Ray the Head Trainer at Pilot for my dog
relieving on route. Steve saw I was out there in the relief area for a very
long time and my second wouldn't relieve. So Ray was wrong to yell at me.
Don't let anyone put you down or make you feel badly.

Try the play time with your girl to stimulate her to relieve. That is what I
had to do with that Pilot dog. In fact he relieved on route, because I did
not learn his signals that he needed stimulation or exercise for his Blatter
and but, grin, to want to work..

Make sure Pilot gives you a rake for Molly's fluffy coat. I use a flea comb
to comb around my goldens ears to prevent mats. When I got Baxter he had
awful mats around his ears. When I was at Pilot they gave us these plastic
flat pads with brissles, not fit for a golden coat. I like the two sided
brushes you get in grocery or Wal Mart, pet stores. They aren't very
expensive. So the two sided brushes, flea comb, and rake, now you are good
to go to keep her coat fluffy and beautiful.

Have them teach you how to trim the hair on her feet pads. I do Jake's feet
about every six weeks. Goldens have hair that grows on the feet,  back of
the legs, and back end. Also the tail hair grows but extremely slowly, so
don't worry about the tail. Baxter was ten years old and his tail hair was
one foot long. I trimmed several inches off like three four inches. And then
he could raise his tail in joy again, smile. Baxter had feathering all over
similar to the dog I have now, Jake, another golden.

When you do your country walk, have them teach you what it feels like to
pick up.  The arch of the back how to place your foot so you know where the
poo is. In my opinion do not stretch out and make a long Pilot leash. The
dog will be too far from you for affective pick up. Now if the trainer wants
you to do the long leash, then just let her pick up blindfolded. In fact I
stand at on the sidewalk and my dogs on a short Pilot leash make a
semicircle to relieve. It is so much easier to pick up plus you have your
orientation.

Well anyway, I don't know any longer what they teach at Pilot. Just don't
feel bad. Find out other strategies on how to get her to relieve where she
should relieve and not on route.  That second dog did not have to relieve
just after he ate. In fact I could feed him make myself coffee, eat
breakfast, wash dishes and then he would relieve nearly a half hour after I
fed him. I grabbed a pick up bag and his brushes and out the door we went
around the building. By then he jumped in the relief area sniffed a bit and
spun to poop. Then lifted his leg to pea, smile. I miss that dog so much..

Enjoy your golden girl, smile.

Becky and golden Jake