[nagdu] Pace for Tracy

Brandy Pinder bdpinder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:44:30 UTC 2014

Hi Tracy and all,
Tracy your krockus sounds just like my pinta. She does the whole get home and run around like a maniac thing. I have been wanting to tell you that when I first got pinta her pace in the city was amazing. I live in queens in a more residential boring area and going to the train and coming home we crawled. This used to scare me because my previous dof used to shut down and I thought that is what was happening. It was frustrating because I had to leave extra time, there was no pull in the harness and I had to play cheer leader, yet in Manhattan she was perfect.
I tried getting her all riled up when we got outside of home. It was worse coming home than going. That didn't really work. I started letting her play a lot right when we got home and that seemed to work. Also, though sometimes I had to correct for not slowing down I made sure sometimes I said, good hop up, good hop up so around my home area she would hop up. Also, a couple times I let her run home, probably not an option for you. And when she did walk the perfect pace I praised a lot. Not sure what worked, but this past summer after having her a year she walks the perfect pace around our neighborhood. I think they are so excited to work that going home is the worst thing for them as well as boring environments. She even books it without tons of sheer leading.
As for toys I use cuz, the kong ring, and kong beaver. I highly recommend no kong bowling pin if your sanity is valuable to you. Smile.

brandy pinder
Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946

371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
Cso: 866-282-8047
Email: brandydp at verizon.net
Cell: 304-685-4499