[nagdu] Stopping at upcurbs

Brandy Pinder bdpinder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:53:47 UTC 2014

Here in the city we definitely don't stop at up curbs. I have also almost been hit by cars thinking I was going to continue as for the left my dog is a quick thinker so I am telling her what I want her to do about a foot from the up curb anyway because if not she passes it and doesn't hear me. I also thought it was like letting a dog get away with something but my trainer said if you actively train it its different. Once he saw how unsafe stopping was we actually clicker trained my dog to not stop at up curbs. Most around here are ramp's so as others have said if it is a curb curb then she will pause, wait until I find it and go. Same with subway stairs because if you stop the idiot behind you will plow you over. Down is a whole other story. Even if I get pushed and it pushes on the handle she won't move until I say forward.

brandy pinder
Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946

371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
Cso: 866-282-8047
Email: brandydp at verizon.net
Cell: 304-685-4499