[nagdu] Introduction and some past topics

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 15 22:23:23 UTC 2014

Hi, Chaim!
Welcome to the list!
My name is Daryl, and I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with Jenny, my first guide dog, a black Lab from BC/Alberta Guide Dogs.

I do not let people pet Jenny in harness; she is still a young, easily-distractible dog; I usually don't notice that someone is petting her until it is obvious she is distracted (lifting her head, sniffing, seeking attention); I will redirect her to me, or pull her away, and try and be nice about not petting the dog... sometimes that makes people frustrated, but they wouldn't pet a neighborhood dog they didn't know, so why am I open season?

It is a pleasure to have you on the list; I look forward to your contributions!

Daryl